The Conference for Students, Educators and Professionals in the Field of Gerontology
Oage Conference 2023
April 20 & 21, 2023
University of Toledo
Lancelot Thompson Student Union
2965 W Centennial Drive
Toledo, OH 43606
The University of Toledo has designated parking lots for all conference attendees to park in FREE of charge: Areas 1N, 1S, 5, and 6.
You will NOT need to register your car or do anything ahead of the conference. If you receive a parking ticket and you parked in Areas 1N, 1S, 5, or 6, please bring it to the registration table or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get it waived. If you park in any other lot or in a handicap, metered, reserved, or unmarked parking spot, we cannot waive your ticket. If you would like to pay for your own parking closer to the Student Union or park in a paid handicap space, you can park in Area 11. There will be signs and kiosks in Area 11 for you to pay for your own parking.
The Workforce and Aging: Challenges, Opportunities, and Innovations
Thursday Evening, April 20, 2023
Ken Dychtwald, PhD
Founder and CEO, AgeWave
Friday Morning, April 21, 2023
James Grosch, PhD
CDC’s, NIOSH Center for Productive Aging and Work
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo Westgate
3434 Secor Road
Toledo, Ohio 43606
When making room reservations, please mention you are with the OAGE conference to receive the special room rate. Rooms can be reserved for $114 plus tax/night at the Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo Westgate or by calling 419-214-5555.
Note that the cut off date to reserve rooms in the block for the special rate is March 19th.
The Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo Westage is approximately 2.3 miles from the University of Toledo.
Continuing Education Credits
- Department of Developmental Disability (DODD) – Pending approval for up to 8 CEUs through the Lucas County Board of Developmental Disabilities who is an approved provider for Ohio workers in the DD system.
- Environmental Health & Safety – BGC® Diplomates can claim CM credit for this event through the Board for Global EHS Credentialing. See here for more information.
- Physical Therapy – Approved for up to 8 CEUs through the Ohio Physical Therapy Association.
- Psychology – Pending approval for up to 8 CEUs through the Ohio Psychological Association
- Public Health – Up to 8 CPH Recertification Credits may be earned at this event through the National Board of Public Health Examiners.
- Occupational Therapy – Pending approval for up to 8 CEUs through the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers Board.
- Social Work – Approved for up to 8 CEUs by the Area Office on Aging of Northwestern Ohio, Inc., who is an approved provider of The State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board. Provider Number: RSX080025
IN-PERSON REGISTRATION OPEN UNTIL APRIL 19, 2023
VIRTUAL REGISTRATION OPEN UNTIL APRIL 21, 2023
Students & Retirees $65
$85 after Friday March 24, 2023
$160 after Friday March 24, 2023
Students & Retirees $35
$55 after Friday, March 24, 2023
$90 after Friday, March 24, 2023
2023 OAGE Conference Co-Chairs
Victoria Steiner, PhD, University of Toledo
Salli Bollin, MSW, MemoryLane Care Services
2023 Conference Planner
Anna Schram, MSW, LSW, University of Toledo
Conference proceedings are scheduled to be in-person with some virtual options at this time and will follow current CDC guidelines and state, local, and University policies to ensure the safety of attendees and to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The conference may be changed to a virtual format if state and local authorities limit the size of gatherings or at the discretion of conference planners without full or partial refunds. Please follow CDC guidelines if you test positive for COVID-19.
We want to provide the best learning experience for everyone. In compliance of the ADA , should you require any accommodation to fully participate in this conference, please email us at email@example.com.