Aging and Innovation Student Award
This award highlights innovative products, services, programs, technologies, and designs that promote the well-being and quality of life of older persons.
All students, including those from non-aging focused majors such as engineering, business, architecture, communications and the fine arts are encouraged to submit an entry for consideration. Rather than traditional abstracts or papers, this award recognizes and celebrates diverse and innovative products, services, programs and designs. Entries may range from well thought out ideas that are on the drawing board to developed products, programs, and services that are in use today.
Examples could include, but are not limited to:
- Smart phone apps
- Virtual exercise programs for homebound seniors and/or their caregivers
- New clothing design for seniors and persons with disabilities which have dexterity issues
- Interactive gardens or urban spaces
- New therapy (i.e., OT, PT, speech and language) strategies and techniques
- Universally designed homes, businesses, workplaces, and public places
- Interactive games and activities between grandparents and grandchildren
- Assistive devices (e.g., exoskeletons) that improve mobility and make daily takes easier
- New age-friendly website design
See Past Winners
Due to the vast array of possibilities, students (individual or team entries) are asked to provide a no more than three-page (double-spaced) proposal which includes a problem statement, landscape analysis, and a description of the product, service, program or design. If available, students may submit a picture or diagram, business plan or a video.
The winning entry will be selected by the OAGE Awards Committee, receive a cash award and be recognized on the OAGE Website and at the 2023 OAGE Conference on Aging at University of Toledo, April 20-22, 2023.
Educators are encouraged to discuss innovation and aging as part of their lesson plans.
If you have any questions about the award or award requirements please contact Marc Molea at email@example.com.
Submit an entry today, using the link below. Submission Deadline is March 10, 2023.
> Submit a Nomination for the OAGE Aging and Innovation Student Award