Researcher of the Year
The OAGE Researcher Award recognizes individuals in Ohio’s aging network whose research has advanced knowledge in gerontology and/or related disciplines that have:
- Improved services for older adults;
- Advanced knowledge of aging process; or
- Supported the expansion of research in the aging field in Ohio or nationally.
Eligibility for Award
- Nominee must have a two-year minimum continuous Ohio education-related appointment and residence.
1. Nominations are to be made only by an OAGE member.
2. Nominations include:
- Nominee vita which highlights research focusing on advancing the knowledge in gerontology
- Nomination letter explaining reasons nominee’s research has improved services for older adults, advanced knowledge of aging process, or supported the expansion of research in the aging field in Ohio and/or nationally.
3. Nominations are due annually with the same deadline as the annual conference proposal submissions to the OAGE Awards Chair.
4. Nominations are kept confidential with OAGE Awards Chair communicating with the nominator.
5. Awardee is expected to attend the annual conference to receive the OAGE Gerontology Researcher Award.
6. Awardee is expected to present at the following year’s annual conference.
OAGE Awards Chair:
Amy Restorick Roberts