Educator of the Year
The OAGE Educator Award recognizes individuals in Ohio’s educational institutions at any level and/or from Ohio’s aging network that have either:
- Used educational programs to improve services to older adults in Ohio or
- Advanced gerontological education and training for students and practitioners
Eligibility for Award
- Nominee must have a two-year minimum continuous Ohio education-related appointment and Ohio residence.
1. Nominations are to be made only by an OAGE member.
2. Nominations include:
- Nominee vita which highlights Ohio educational relationships
- Nomination letter explaining reasons nominee has used educational programs to improve services to older adults in Ohio or advanced gerontological education and training for students and/or practitioners.
3. Nominations are due annually with the same deadline as the annual conference proposal submissions to the OAGE Awards Chair.
4. Nominations are kept confidential with OAGE Awards Chair communicating with the nominator.
5. Awardee is expected to attend the annual conference to receive the award.
6. Awardee is expected to present at the following year’s annual conference.
OAGE Awards Chair:
Amy Restorick Roberts
Assistant Professor at Miami University